Thursday, April 1, 2010

Boy, my blog is depressing...

I haven't looked at this thing for soooo long! I had no idea how depressing I was. Sorry anyone who read my posts - I guess I felt like a public rant.

Long story short, lots of things have changed since 2008 when I last posted!

-I got a job at Cornell University (still C-Print, but with regular hours and HEALTH INSURANCE!!) :) As a consequence, we moved to Ithaca, NY.

-Chris broke his arm falling on the ice, had lots of surgery and physical therapy, and is more or less okay at this point.

-Chris found out he had thyroid cancer, got his thyroid removed, went through various therapies, and is now cancer-free. :)

-Our Shrodie (the SUV we used to have) was repossessed, mainly as a result of the above health issues. We got a new car after sharing with the neighbor for several months. It's old, but serviceable, and gets MUCH better gas mileage than the Suv ever did.

-Despite all the good things, we're still largely broke - health insurance is AMAZING, but Ithaca is expensive, and we live 45 minutes from Cornell, so the commute sucks, and we're still living paycheck to paycheck. I almost could have written the money rant from 2008 last week. :( Sigh.

Life is eventful. I'll post more later - I want to get good at doing this regularly!

1 comment:

Moderator said...

Hi, Andi. If you're the Andi I know from the C-Print Members discussion board, then *wave*. I wanted to see if anyone blogs about C-Print, and your blog popped up tops in the search. Hope you're having a great day today! See ya at the boards. :-)

Stacy